– There is a chance of rain in the afternoon. So, we might want to swap the Wed & Thu activities (to be discussed). Bring your rain gear either way.
– pics from yesterday.
– Poster session is 15:55 – 18:00. Poster presenters are encouraged to leave the posters hanging for the rest of the workshop, for possible showing during breaks on Wednesday.
– Guided tour of Kosice starts at 18:00 at University and will cost 4EUR/per person (+1EUR entry to Cathedral). The meeting place is in front of the conference room at 17:30. The duration is 2hrs. Then, we can meet at Golem.
– The more culturally inclined ones can go check out Spartakus, a classical ballet by Khachaturian in the theater at 7pm.
– There’s a cafeteria (Bufet) on the first floor (on the right after you enter the building) where you can get snacks, baguettes, and some food.
– Some pictures from yesterday are on Facebook.
28/5/2017 Details about the trips added
22/5/2017 Information about internet connection and refreshments added
5/5/2017 Sessions Schedule and Social Events sections added
5/5/2017 Sessions Schedule and Social Events sections added to the main page.
- WIFI Internet: eduroam and UPJS-guest networks are available to get online during the workshop.
- Refreshments: Sparkling and still water, tea, and instant coffee will be available during the workshop in the workshop room. In addition, Hotel Maraton offered us espresso at a conference rate of 0.90EUR/espresso in their bar.
List of Other Events/Activities:
Here is a list of optional activities and “English-friendly” cultural events in Kosice during the workshop (to be updated)
- Festivals: Use the city street-art festival 30 May – 3 June and link to this web (currently only in Slovak).
- Movies: (most international movies have original sound track and Slovak subtitles):
- Walks and small trips: